Easy and healthy cauliflower salad – This quick and easy salad is very refreshing and contains different vegetables, herbs and fibers. One salad that you can serve as a whole meal.
Printable Recipe: Easy and healthy cauliflower salad – This quick and easy salad is very refreshing and contains different vegetables, herbs and fibers. One salad that you can serve as a whole meal.
More Salad Recipes:
Nicoise Salad: http://bit.ly/NicoiseSaladTCF
Greek Salad: http://bit.ly/GreekSaladTCF
Fig Salad: http://bit.ly/FigCheeseSalad
Strawberry and Lettuce Salad: http://bit.ly/StrawberryLettuce
My favorite kitchen equipment:
For the salad:
1 small cauliflower head
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 bunch parsley
1/4 bunch mint
2 spring onions
60g (2oz) flaked almonds
200g (7oz) Cherry tomatoes
1 cup (165g) Cooked chickpeas
2 tablespoons olive oil
For the dressing:
1/4 cup (60ml) Lemon juice
1/4 cup (60ml) Olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon Dried oregano
1. Cut the cauliflower into small florets/Chunks. Working in batches, place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse (in 1-2 second pulses) until the cauliflower has the texture of rice or couscous – don’t over process or it will get mushy. Set aside.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly golden, add crushed garlic, sauté for 1-2 minutes more. Add cauliflower rice, season with salt and cook for 4-5 minutes, until slightly soften. Transfer to a large bowl to cool.
3. Meanwhile: chop the parsley, mint and green onion. Cut in half cherry tomatoes.
4. Toast flaked almonds in a dry pan over medium-low heat until lightly golden.
5. To the bowl with the cauliflower rice add chickpeas, halved tomatoes, chopped mint, chopped parsley, chopped green onion and toasted almonds.
6. Make the dressing: in a small bowl whisk all dressing ingredients.
7. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir well.
If you like my videos, please subscribe to my channel for new cooking videos: